.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"Oy With the Poodles Already!"

 Well, it's that time again. Back to school again. :)

aren't these cute? :) Wish I was this talented...

Back to school days are always a little exciting. As much as I hate homework and late night studying, I love the excitement that fills campus when everyone returns from the summer. Also, as much as I might complain about it, I love learning. I don't necessarily love assignments and tests, but I love learning new things - especially, being at seminary, learning new things about my Savior! 

This year, though, I'm starting school with a little extra anxiety, because for the first time ever I will attempt to be a full-time graduate student and a full-time employee. Working out a class schedule to fit this was no easy feat, but my professors and some members of administration were incredibly helpful to me and we were able to get it worked out. I'm really excited about what the year holds, but also quite stressed - already! 

Registration for classes ended Friday and I was still scrambling to figure out how this was all going to work then. I started looking at my work schedule with one of our three biggest projects of the year coming up in October, the events I'll be responsible for helping plan on campus for our women's ministry program, my full-time class schedule, 40 hour work week, Baptist Collegiate Ministry events with Josh (husband, for any new friends reading this), and involvement with a local ministry in the city, not to mention being a wife and caring for my home and husband and one phrase popped out of my mouth.........

Oy with the poodles already!!
Yes. That is literally what I said when overcome with anxious stress. :) I didn't make this phrase up. It came from the recesses of my memory banks from a habit of watching Gilmore Girls:
(and I was quite thankful for it at the time, because in the midst of my stress, realizing this was my reaction made me giggle)
It's a good phrase if you ask me.

Anyway, that phrase seems to sum up basically how I feel about the upcoming season of life. I'm excited to see how this semester unfolds and looking forward to the opportunities ahead even if I do just want hide under my covers some days.  I believe God will do some stretching and growing in me over the next few weeks. I'm sure it will be uncomfortable at times, but I'm also sure it will be worth it in the end.

So, in keeping with the "Learning to Dance" theme of this blog (you can find more about that here), it appears for this semester, I will be learning to dance something like this:


Nothing like a good library jam session :) Now who's coming with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment