.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And So We Begin...

Wow, so here it is: the official first blog post....3...months...later....
I've had this blog just sitting and waiting for a post since November. So, first things first, I must give a very large thank you and acknowledgement to  Brea from Utterly Chaotic Designs!

Brea designed this entire blog with absolutely no helpful directions from me - and look what a wonderful job she did! Seriously, do not underestimate this girl. I was probably one of the most difficult customers EVER, because I am a baby blogger and had zero idea of how to describe what I wanted. I didn't even know what half of the buttons or titles or sidebars that she created for me were. She was extremely patient in explaining the uses of them and in working with me to create a look I would (and do!) love. Also, she had to do all of that while I was unable to access a computer and give her frequent feedback. So, THANK YOU, BREA!!! I LOVE IT!!

*cue applause*
I wish I had gotten around to posting on here sooner, but school and the lack of a computer and procrastination have made that difficult. But now it is that blessed season of life known as CHRISTMAS   BREAK.
AKA the time to catch up on sleep, family, books you actually want to read, and breathing...(I hear that last one is quite important)  :)
Like I said, I'm extremely new at this, so bear with me as I learn how to make posts prettier with pictures and liveliness I googled the "grab me" buttons and strike-through text. But for this initial post, I want to just share with you all what I want this blog to be about.
The title "Learning to Dance" is about this fabulous journey that God has started leading me through in learning to actually live in the grace and joy He offers - really, learning to live as if there really is a God. So many of us proclaim Him and even build our lives around the idea of Him, but we're walking around with the burdens and weights of this world as heavy on our shoulders as those who don't acknowledge Him at all.
I started wondering where the peace and hope and faith and JOY was that was supposed to be a trademark of the Spirit we receive when we follow Christ. I mean, I know some non-believers who seem to be much happier than a lot of believers I know.
So, I finally brought this question to Jesus one day, and He started a wonderful process of showing me what it means to really know Him and how that brings the freedom and joy to dance through life, rather than trudge through it with our shoulders slumped and a hopeless outlook.
Is anyone else tired of being tired??
If so, then please join me in this journey of learning to dance. He has already shown me so much, but I am completely certain that I have a LOT to learn. I would love to have fellow followers learning with me and offering your own insights or wisdom that you have learned along the way.
So, meet me back here tomorrow?
Until then, check out my friend Amber, who was my inspiration to begin blogging:


and who is a  MUCH better writer than me and one of my best friends on the planet,
and then hop on over to http://jessica-calvery.blogspot.com/ to find my other best friend's lovely blog that always has worthwhile reading material :)

Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on being all official and stuff!!! I love this. I hear so much of YOU in it! There is no reason why someone like you, with all your insight and experiences, shouldn't be blogging! I already know that you are going to touch so many lives! Building readership is a long process but don't get discouraged! Tweet and fb your posts...just because you are not getting comments or followers doesn't mean there are not a lot of people reading. I know that this is going to be more than a website...It's a ministry! So proud to call you my best friend, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THIS!!! lol I love you, and I look forward to reading all of your wonderful posts! Great way to start! :) I LOVE YOU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwee :) thanks besties!!! I love you both a whole lot!! Thanks for the encouragement and advice!!!!!!! I miss yall!!!!!
    ready for the bestie Christmas date!!!

    I have the best friends everrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you! You're too sweet and I'm so happy to see that you are finally blogging! I can't wait to add your review to my portfolio! Thanks for choosing me to create your very first design! :)

    ReplyDelete